Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ink

























I'm uncertain why my first post was deleted. I hope I'm not doing something wrong - I attempted to join Twitter and that was a disaster resulting in nothing but frustration.

This past weekend I decided to get a raven with a feather, and "Scorching my seared heart with a pain, not hell shall make me fear again" next to the image. Kevin from The Tattoo Shop did the ink for me and I was more than pleased with the result. He worked for about an hour and a half on just that tattoo, and it looks amazing. Just starting to reach the itchy phase :)

The other tattoo I got is more elegant and simple - a Taurus (for Buster) and a Libra (for Doyle) intertwined on my right wrist. The Taurus is colored in red.

There is something about getting a tattoo that totally and completely encompasses me in relaxation. I have been compared to a freight train, and while I would like to argue the untruth of that comparison I really can't. I don't do anything lightly - I am rather intense and tend to multitask and my mind is always in motion. I can sit and stare at a wall for hours and entertain myself just by thinking...

However when I sit in a tattoo chair I allow myself to live in the moment; I feel the needle and listen to the vibration of the machine and I'm immersed in the feeling of being tattooed. I love it. Nothing relaxes me more, however I also realize I don't really want to be fully covered in ink. For whatever reason I do not feel pain when I am being worked on; it's pure pleasure, and I somehow allow my mind to relax and just be. It's amazing.

This particular session was very pleasing; the tattoos came out beautifully and the experience was positive. I made sure to tip my artist well to honor his talent and his time. After all, I am walking around with his art on my body; I recognize that he wants to represent himself well and be proud of his work. I'm certainly very proud, and if I'm judged for the ink I represent then whatever. People are shallow and I accept that - and I don't care.

Here are a few pics.

I'm off to bed - hoping that I can get some more sleep. I think that the itchiness of the tattoos might help me to relax; it will give me something to focus on and smile, and to be eager to see the final result after they are completely healed. Thanks Kevin; once again, you're a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment